permaculture - [permaculture] Permaculture or biodynamic, or agroecology/agroforestry?

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: DONKA RADEVA <donnybg@yahoo.com>
  • To: "permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org" <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [permaculture] Permaculture or biodynamic, or agroecology/agroforestry?
  • Date: Wed, 12 Nov 2014 14:15:31 -0800

Hi to all permies,

I have a question which I cannot fully solve till now. As you are with a
greater experience in permaculture, could somebody explain me what are the
slight or bigger differences between permaculture, biodynamic agriculture,
agroecology and agroforestry?
I see very common things among them in the agriculture practices they offer
to the farmers and cannot fully understand what are the main differencies?
One is sure - all they are organic and support polyculture versus monoculture!
I have seen some excellent examples of farms on permaculture principles, but
they name themselves agroecology farms - why is that?

Thanks a lot!

Donka Radeva,
Bulgaria
>From stevenlawrencehart@gmail.com Wed Nov 12 21:25:55 2014
h=mime-version:in-reply-to:references:date:message-id:subject:from:to
:cc:content-type;
bh=UY7JXQsM+DNkX35Wb2CMflQ26mjXPEjL7VL9cQbyjAU=;
b=ewAXfr2M1YGWsOcUhKpLKk7XfjKvgOUDw6qIVuW7CCiyOjV0BL8ojC6xIpNc8BNxU0
prDHFby4DRX/8E95pCEsoo85qJdoNbeQ7b+yJwnjcdGXxRpN4JEcIRT8uyUnnekHP59w
5Ke9EnOFKeFvyc05tiGW7Y74Z4/NH2iCcm3gRQsJGvubIpP+6wRR3fAEus3RDktZNpaz
h+WtW5bx0WIe9zw0YNaFKgPeXOjrUfom64lG8hAeSznRL9KwoGJMJndIBHo4Z35z8wYi
4o8f7zLdUW1oKgc2lvdL/GsMcnllH26n1Xrij0AMkjg+gpPNLIkJRpavzv+FRWWQWg7U
RntA==