permaculture - Re: [permaculture] A school near a terraced rice field in Vietnam

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Neil Bertrando <neilbertrando@gmail.com>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] A school near a terraced rice field in Vietnam
  • Date: Mon, 6 Jan 2014 20:05:01 -0800

In general for construction, earthworks and other technical information
require detailed calculations, specs, design parameters, etc. I refer to
FAO, NRCS, engineering, and construction references.

you might also consider utilizing the keyline design system for layout.

Here's a list of resources. hope it helps.

Soil conservation techniques for hillside farms
http://www.nzdl.org/gsdlmod?e=d-00000-00---off-0hdl--00-0----0-10-0---0---0direct-10---4-------0-1l--11-en-50---20-home---00-0-1-00-0-0-11-1-0utfZz-8-00&cl=CL1.16.9&d=HASHbdde2fe3749493c1a0de2d.1&gt=2

NRCS engineering field manual chapter 8 Terraces
http://irrigationtoolbox.com/NEH/Part650_EngineeringFieldHandbook/EFH-CH08.pdf

FAO Watershed mgmt field manual ch 9
http://www.fao.org/docrep/006/ad083e/ad083e10.htm

FAO Irrigation Water mgmt: Irrigation methods
http://www.fao.org/docrep/s8684e/s8684e03.htm

bench terrace design made simple
http://tucson.ars.ag.gov/isco/isco12/VolumeIV/BenchTerraceDesignMadeSimple.pdf

FAO Watershed mgmt field manual ch 6
http://www.fao.org/docrep/006/ad083e/ad083e07.htm

FAO Watershed mgmt field manual ch 8
http://www.fao.org/docrep/006/ad083e/AD083e09.htm

retaining wall manual for Keystone pavers
http://www.keystonewalls.com/media/Literature/ConstManual.pdf

Am Soc of Ag engineers terrace manual. not able to access but would like to
http://elibrary.asabe.org/abstract.asp?aid=41193&t=2&redir=&redirType=