permaculture - Re: [permaculture] kickstarter

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Lawrence London <lfljvenaura@gmail.com>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] kickstarter
  • Date: Thu, 1 Aug 2013 19:11:33 -0400

On Thu, Aug 1, 2013 at 6:47 PM, paul wheaton <paul@richsoil.com> wrote:

> John,
>
> I'm looking at the list of rewards for the kickstarter. I don't even
> see a reward for $80. What reward did you select?
>

> http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/paulwheaton/wood-burning-stoves-20-the-dvds
>
> To get the 4-DVD set via streaming, that would have been $90. To get
> them as physical DVDs that would be $100. To get your name listed in
> all four DVDs that would be $55. To get a single DVD that would be
> $30.
>
> It sounds like you selected "Get your name listed in the credits." so
> that is what you got. 11 other people purchased the same thing. 696
> people selected the physical DVD set for $100.

Since John made an honest mistake maybe you would allow him to contribute
another $10
to get the DVD set by download or $20 to get them on physical DVD. I think
that would be the fair way to
make everyone happy, you get the donation and John gets the DVDs. The fact
that he ordered them in the first place, and from Ireland,
is certainly a show of good faith. His $80 should not be wasted.

LL