permaculture - Re: [permaculture] kickstarter

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: paul wheaton <paul@richsoil.com>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] kickstarter
  • Date: Thu, 1 Aug 2013 18:23:48 -0600

I think it happens all the time that people will get their money back
for objects. But when you pay somebody to DO something, and then
they DO that, you don't get a refund. The done thing cannot be
undone.

If I paid you to plant my back 40, and you plant it and then I say "I
wanted you to plant my west 60, not my back 40" but you have the
conversation recorded and the recording says "back 40" - what do you
do then? Especially since the dollars would not even cover the 60.

I played my end fair and square. I was paid to do a thing and I did
it. Transaction complete.

I cannot speculate on what all happened with John - that's his own
business. If it was an honest mistake on his part, as you suggest,
then John will make it right. Easy peasy.