permaculture - Re: [permaculture] kickstarter

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: "John D'hondt" <dhondt@eircom.net>
  • To: "permaculture" <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] kickstarter
  • Date: Thu, 1 Aug 2013 22:55:15 +0100

Hi all, I am an idiot it seems.

In February I was made aware that permaculturist Paul Wheaton was looking to make 4 DVD's about rocket stoves.
I am very interested in this technology and want to build one here and I was hoping to get all the latest technical information so that I could use my rocket stove for cooking and baking as well as heating.
Paul needed money for this project and so started a kickstarter. I signed in and promised $80 which was taken of my card in March. The kickstarter did so well for Paul that he was able to buy 200 acres of land to start a (permaculture) comune.

The DVD's seem to be ready now and I was hoping to get to see them. No such luck. I am told I paid for a "reward" and that reward is that my name will be on a DVD credits under the heading : " These people paid actual money to see their name here." I can only take that as an insult for I never had any interest in seeing my name anywhere. Seems that others wo paid more are getting a T-shirt as a reward.

Did anybody else here get the same treatment?
Anyway, if anybody is short of money it might not be a bad idea to launch a kickstarter. The sky is the limit.

John