permaculture - Re: [permaculture] Who is this?

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: "Darrell E. Frey" <defrey@bioshelter.com>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] Who is this?
  • Date: Wed, 27 Feb 2013 19:17:57 -0500

regarding certificates: When I began teaching Permaculture Design
Courses in 1987, I had received  written "permission" or "sanction"
from Bil Mollison , issueing certificated provided by the Permaculture
Institute. In 1998 I again correspeonded with Mollison's Institute and
received copies of their certificate. We still issue this certificate.
When I was asked to teach one of the first college credit bearing
permaculture courses, it was necessary to get the blessing of
Mollison's institute, and so i did. The letter from them said that
teaching a PDC was a "sink or swim" and they wished me luck.

  While I can not at this point speak on behalf of the fledgling PINA,
I  do look forward to a more organized North American permaculture
institute that grows from the ground up.

Cheers,

Darrell E. Frey
Three Sisters Farm
defrey@bioshelter.com
www.bioshelter.com

Author; Bioshelter Market Garden: A Permaculture Farm. New Society
Publishing, 2011

On Wed, 27 Feb 2013 14:34:31 -0500, Chris Carnevale