permaculture - Re: [permaculture] French sperm count down by one third

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: venaurafarm <venaurafarm@bellsouth.net>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] French sperm count down by one third
  • Date: Sat, 08 Dec 2012 21:07:13 -0500

On 12/8/2012 7:28 PM, Scott Pittman wrote:
Please include citations on Fecal Transfers, this is the first I've heard of
it and it sounds like one of those things like Hoxsey, and other healers who
were hounded to death (literally) by the AMA for threatening the cash flow.

It was in the news very recently. It was tried on a patient needing an implant of new, common, beneficial digestive tract microorganisms from someone else when their own were lacking or the wrong kind. It may have been a BBC medical report. I posted the link to Facebook and Google+ too I think. The article went on to say that future treatments of this sort would use extracts of the viable components of the fecal matter donated by another healthy person. The implant was prepared in a lab, a dilute solution of water and fecal matter and administered to the patient through a feeding tube directly into their stomach. It worked and a life was saved. The link should be easy to find; I'll post it when I do.