permaculture - Re: [permaculture] French sperm count down by one third

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: "Scott Pittman" <scott@permaculture.org>
  • To: "'permaculture'" <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] French sperm count down by one third
  • Date: Wed, 5 Dec 2012 19:21:06 -0700

This is a repeat of an old story: A study done in Denmark in 1954 showed
that sperm count had dropped by 30% over the previous 15 years. At that
time it was attributed to agricultural chemicals leaching into the water.

Both France and the United States decided to replicate the study since other
countries don't know how to do "good science". Amazingly they came up with
similar results.

If you add these two studies you get a fertility decline of 60% which would
explain the explosion of fertility clinics around the world. Perhaps this
is a blessing in disguise as far as population control is concerned.

Scott Pittman

"Another world is not only possible, she is on her way.
On a quiet day, I can hear her breathing."
~Arundhati Roy