permaculture - Re: [permaculture] Fast growing nitro fixers, semi tropics

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Neil Bertrando <neilbertrando@gmail.com>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] Fast growing nitro fixers, semi tropics
  • Date: Wed, 24 Oct 2012 11:05:54 -0700

another quick thought,

overabundance of Casaurina => opportunity to build many long-lasting,
rot-resistant fences, trellises, and pole structures. Maybe even a
business where you get paid to remove it and paid to install the products
at the other end, he he. If it's already there, you don't even need to
plant it, just harvest which will thin the stands and let light in for
other species hopefully. I fully agree that a monoculture is not
desireable, and sometimes I wonder if its a sign that human or animal
disturbance is needed to set a new trajectory for that system.

cheers,
neil