permaculture - Re: [permaculture] Fast growing nitro fixers, semi tropics

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Neil Bertrando <neilbertrando@gmail.com>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] Fast growing nitro fixers, semi tropics
  • Date: Mon, 22 Oct 2012 21:19:35 -0700

I forgot about this one which is also a list topper with many functions

Moringa oleifera and other Moringa sp. not legumes but fast carbon
pathways and high nutrition value
http://www.hort.purdue.edu/newcrop/duke_energy/Moringa_oleifera.html
http://moringafarms.com/
http://www.mobot.org/gradstudents/olson/moringahome.html
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moringa_oleifera
http://www.winrock.org/fnrm/factnet/factpub/FACTSH/moringa.htm
http://agroforestry.net/scps/Moringa_specialty_crop.pdf
http://www.worldagroforestrycentre.org/sea/products/afdbases/af/asp/SpeciesInfo.asp?SpID=1169

an permaculture article on ecologcal applications of moringa and mulberry
with sites in florida mentioned
http://www.perennialsolutions.org/cuba-mass-planting-moringa-and-mulberry

cheers,
Neil