permaculture - Re: [permaculture] permaculture enlightenment for the military

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Dick Pierce <dickpiercedesigns@gmail.com>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] permaculture enlightenment for the military
  • Date: Wed, 25 Aug 2010 12:26:27 -0500

"Let's not talk to each other like this" - Right on and
Amen.....Please/Thanks

Toby, you are so right on in what you say and, from personal experience I
can say, even more right on in what you do and the incredibly-appreciated
multiple places and ways and audiences where you do it. I'm glad that you
seem to have a ducks back for this to roll off of and a tough enough skin
with which to blunt the arrows. Bless you for what you do, for all that you
teach, and all that we learn from you.

I am going to try to avoid reading any more on this thread. It is souring me
on the whole, mostly interesting/civil listserve. The shame of it to me is
that the core of Nicholas' message is right on - one at a time, individuals
trained and converted can influence organizations over time, etc. The core
is right on - but the 1st paragraph and last sentence are off-topic,
inappropriate, very un-necessary, and detract from the message and the
communication.

Let's do stop talking like this to each other, please. Perhaps it is time
for some moderating/editing/ rejecting on the part of the listserve
moderators or the listserve participants at large.

Dick Pierce
On Wed, Aug 25, 2010 at 11:39 AM, Toby Hemenway
<toby@patternliteracy.com>wrote:

> Nicholas,
>
> You are profoundly ignorant of where and how I work (I'm on the Blackfeet
> Reservation at the moment) and your angry assumptions don' help anything .
> Let's not talk to each other like this.
>
> Toby
> http://patternliteracy.com
>

> On Aug 24, 2010, at 11:06 PM, Nicholas Roberts, Permaculture.coop wrote:
>
> > Toby, what I find so disturbing about your argument for teaching PDCs
> > to anyone, is the hermetic nature of your argument. You're ideas might
> > seem find from the suburbs of Oregon, but from where I sit, its the
> > kind of technocratic managerialism that pervaded liberalism during the
> > Vietnam war where agrarian reform and safe hamlets, winning the hearts
> > and minds was the mission of the enlightened elites. Maybe you cant think
> of anything, >but maybe you need to get out more.
> >
> *> Overall, I
> learning
> care
> the
> itself.

> If that's outside your ethical framework; so be it.
> > Google command to search archives:
> > site:https://lists.ibiblio.org/sympa/arc/permaculture searchstring

> Google command to search archives:

DickPierceDesigns@gmail.com
SE-NE (summer) & Austin, TX (winter)
cell-512-992-8858 (all-season)
www.DickPierceDesigns.com <http://www.dickpiercedesigns.com/>

Coming up soon: CitizenGardener.ning.com
<http://citizengardener.ning.com/>- Fall 2010 Classes
And, not far away: AustinPerm.com - PC Design Course

-Dick's PC-Bio. on www.austinperm.com/
-You Tube Dick Pierce for video clips