permaculture - Re: [permaculture] Movement thinking (was Designing a Movement)

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: "Lawrence F. London, Jr." <venaurafarm@bellsouth.net>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] Movement thinking (was Designing a Movement)
  • Date: Thu, 19 Aug 2010 21:48:01 -0400

On 8/19/2010 8:52 PM, LBUZZELL@aol.com wrote:
Here are the words you used: "1) unfair 2) paranoid 3) unnecessary
fear-mongering 4) inaccurate"

While it can perhaps be argued that "unfair" and "inaccurate" are pretty
civilized, since when is calling a colleague "paranoid" not an ad hominem
attack?

I did not call YOU paranoid, I referred to the tone of your accusation/contention about US Military involvement in Afganistan as paranoid or unnecessarily conveying paranoia. There is a difference.
I commented on what you said, not you as an individual.

This kind of name-calling of a permaculture colleague (supposedly we're on
the same side here?)

I think you would be safe in saying that.

is unworthy of permaculture and certainly not an
example of the level of People Care I believe we aim for. We can have free
discussions without resorting to insults.

I did not insult you.
Its OK if you and I have different perspective and vision for what Permaculture People Care is all about? If not maybe all of humanity should be a mental clone of one individual?

You are the person who started and manage the perma-psychology forum?
That is an important list; maybe you could invite others to join and participate. This would be a good topic to analyze and discuss there,
humble in spirit and eager to learn new things.