permaculture - Re: [permaculture] Movement thinking (was Designing a Movement)

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: LBUZZELL@aol.com
  • To: permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] Movement thinking (was Designing a Movement)
  • Date: Fri, 20 Aug 2010 11:20:24 EDT

Hi Lawrence and everyone interested...

In a message dated 8/20/2010 12:26:48 A.M. Pacific Daylight Time,
venaurafarm@bellsouth.net writes:

I asked if she was
the originator of the perma-psychology list and could she please
announce it to this list in the hopes of gaining new people to discuss
important topics and that this particular thread would be a good topic
to pick apart, ethics in permaculture also.
In whatever spirit this suggestion was intended, I am happy to give
information about the Perma-Psychology ListServ discussion group which I
started
some time ago with Craig Chalquist. It's at Google Groups and is called
"perma-psychology." If you're interested, go to google groups and just sign
yourself up for it. You can control how much email you receive (every
email, once a day, once a week or no email and you can just read and post
online).

The list invites people to explore the application of permaculture
principles, ethics, concepts and practices to various aspects of People Care,

including individual and group psychology, communication and social issues.

Dr. Craig Chalquist and I have just written an article exploring this
topic, which will be posted at our website _www.ecotherapyheals.com_
(http://www.ecotherapyheals.com) in the next week or so. Craig is an
ecopsychology
professor, Core Faculty at John F Kennedy University in the San Francisco
Bay
Area and a Master Gardener active in his community garden. We co-edited
"Ecotherapy: Healing with Nature in Mind," published by Sierra Club Books in
2009 and have both taken the PDC. And as I think most of you know, my
husband Larry and I tend a PmC urban backyard food forest with over 100
fruit
and nut trees etc.

And while I warmly invite you to join us on the perma-psychology list serv,
I believe it may also be important to discuss People Care issues from time
to time on this list as well. People Care is critical to the success of
any permaculture design or project, large or small, and I would guess that
more PmC projects fail for lack of good interpersonal communication than any
other cause, which is why I'm so interested in applying our wonderful
principles and ethics to this arena as well as land care.

Linda