permaculture - Re: [permaculture] A Solution to the GMO Problem

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: "Lawrence F. London, Jr." <venaurafarm@bellsouth.net>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] A Solution to the GMO Problem
  • Date: Thu, 15 Apr 2010 15:08:22 -0400

David wrote:

Prophecy fulfilled.

Meanwhile, should I confess that Monsanto is paying me an enormous salary to sit on small email lists and ask reasonable questions in a calm tone of voice? That indeed would be a subtle and far-reaching conspiracy, worthy of some really out-of-the-box paranoia. The real point, surely-- what would certainly please any individual or corporation interested in creating an atmosphere that makes it easy to dispense with any inconvenient facts-- would be to completely remove society's ability to have civil discourse, since when people are prone to level bizarre accusations at the drop of a keyboard, it produces a complete anesthesia to the difference between truth, reasonable supposition, and flying saucers. What is challenging in such circumstances is for those in the trenches is to maintain their hold on reason and gentle humor.

David is a professional troll. I invited him to the list but got sucker punched as he duplicated the anti-small/sustainable/local farming propaganda efforts that he displayed in the sanet list. I had thought we might escape this but it was not to be.

Sigh. As Rodney King said while sporting his bruises, Can't we all just get along?

Difficult when you're a farmer and your ability to procure the resources you need and have fair access to market opportunities because of direct interference from corporate agribusiness and/or their surrogates
and pressure on the government to interefere with the operations of small locally-oriented sustainable farms through unnecessary regulation.

I think David needs to take his own advice.