permaculture - Re: [permaculture] A Solution to the GMO Problem

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: "Lawrence F. London, Jr." <venaurafarm@bellsouth.net>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] A Solution to the GMO Problem
  • Date: Wed, 14 Apr 2010 14:44:47 -0400

carolyn anderson wrote:
This is pretty heartbreaking.
I had thought that buying Heirloom seeds meant the growers were passionate
about protecting the purity of the strain of the seeds they pass on.
I joined SeedSavers recently with great enthusiasm.
Now I'm not sure where to turn for trusted seed for a small, backyard
garden.....

Challenges get greater as opportunities for new potential increase.
I'm counting on that adage.

best,
Carolyn

Seedsavers Exchange was stolen/taken over by monsanto surrogates
and other phonies in the pocket of gmo/chemical corporate agribusiness with allies in the US Government. I started a seed saving mailing list called seedsavers@, SSE called the list host and threatened/forced us to change the name to seedkeepers. Join the two lists referenced below and you will find all sorts of lists of seed suppliers that are reputable
and offer seeds uncontaminated by gmo. Or just read the archives and collect reams of reference material and see sources.

The ones I like include:

Baker Creek Seeds
Mountain Valley Seed
Rupp Seed
Johnnys Seeds
Nichols
Peaceful Valley
High Mowing Seeds
Fedco
Southern Exposure Seeds
Cooks Garden Seeds
Harmony Farm
Bountiful Garden
and lots of others....

Read the following and follow all the links:

http://venaurafarm.blogspot.com/2010/01/seed-savers-exchange-svalgard-and-usda.html
"Seed Saver’s Exchange, Svalgard, and the USDA" by Kent Whealy, co-founder of Seed Savers Exchange
http://proliberty.com/observer/20090920.html
OR:
https://lists.ibiblio.org/sympa/arc/permaculture/2010-January/035735.html

Seed Saver’s Exchange, Svalgard, and the USDA
by Kent Whealy, co-founder of Seed Savers Exchange

"The following is an excerpt from a July 2009 letter sent
by the founder of Seed Saver’s Exchange to SSE members."

Google command to search archives:
site: https://lists.ibiblio.org/sympa/arc/seedkeepers searchstring
More information:
http://venaurafarm.blogspot.com