permaculture - Re: [permaculture] A Solution to the GMO Problem

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: "Lawrence F. London, Jr." <venaurafarm@bellsouth.net>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] A Solution to the GMO Problem
  • Date: Thu, 15 Apr 2010 00:25:02 -0400

carolyn anderson wrote:
Thanks for that education Lawrence.
Pretty damning, very very serious.

You bet it is and the problem for growers increases every year as their seed sources become compromised or cease to exist.
The conspiracy theorists might say "our constitutional rights and the fabric of our society, our core values and culture
are being eroded using the baloney method, one thin slice at a time"
Year by year entities like the monsanto (objectifying it like the smelly ring around the inside of the toilet bowl) try to deepen their control of vital sectors of our agriculture, buying up or bankrupting seed cleaning/storage/distribution operations in the midwest; buying up vegetable and fruit seed companies, increasing sales of herbicide
to farmers locked into using them without consideration of alternatives.
And gmo pollution.

I appreciate this list and will hang onto it for future reference.
My seeds are planted for this year, so I must do what I can on a higher
level to release any toxins they might hold and trust they will respond to
me by producing life-affirming plants.

So much to learn....

We will, hopefully, always be in learning mode.
Lots more fun.

Onward.

...:LL