permaculture - Re: [permaculture] Permaculture in Coastal SC

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Armed With A Mind Armed With A Mind <armedwithamind@hotmail.com>
  • To: <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] Permaculture in Coastal SC
  • Date: Fri, 5 Feb 2010 04:39:06 +0000

Hi Carolyn,

Welcome to the rabbit hole that is permaculture. There are lots of good video
clips on youtube and google video about permaculture veggie gardening. Some
is very specific, some is more theoretic. I've found a lot of good video's
with the following keywords: permaculture garden, urban permaculture, sheet
mulching, no till, fukuoka, emelia hazelip, ruth stout, perennial vegetables,
natural farming.

If you're looking for books I would suggest: Perennial Vegetabes by Eric
Toensmeier, Toby Hemenways book Gaia's Garden, or 'How to Grow More
Vegetables: And Fruits, Nuts, Berries, Grains and Other Crops Than You Ever
Thought Possible on Less Land Than You Can Imagine' by John Jeavons.

If you want more of an interactive learning source check out the forums at
http://www.permies.com

I hope this helps,

Travis