permaculture - Re: [permaculture] Fw: New Cumberland BC Cumberlander Article:Howshould the world respond to climate change?

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: <fdnokes@hotmail.com>
  • To: "permaculture" <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] Fw: New Cumberland BC Cumberlander Article:Howshould the world respond to climate change?
  • Date: Wed, 13 Jan 2010 18:10:37 -0800

My mistake, Katey -- attaching the article, that is. I agree it was an error.
And, it seems to have left us focused in different directions.
Thanks again for your focus. It is where I was truly coming from when I hit the 'forward' button.

I used to be someone who called those that questioned the science 'deniers' and that looked at them with a sense of frustration and outrage.
I believe this controversy has highlighted how we deal with bias and controversy.
For me, it's been a blessing to confront my own biases and how I used to deal with them. It has brought out how completely infiltrated a person can be (as I was) with notions of political correctness.
I am grateful for having had the chance to witness this.

Frances

their personal experience with a lack of respectful
dialog, that was my only frame of reference. Perhaps attaching the article
was problematic as it over-rid the plea for mutual respect.

As a partner of one who has asked a question or two among his peers, the
Let's be more creative with our passion!

Thank you for asking,
Katey

--
Katey Culver