permaculture - Re: [permaculture] Cornmeal cakes, was Re: This must be a hoax

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: "Robert Waldrop" <bwaldrop@cox.net>
  • To: "permaculture" <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] Cornmeal cakes, was Re: This must be a hoax
  • Date: Mon, 24 Dec 2007 09:52:09 -0600

I think the sourness of the yogurt (or buttermilk, as the case may be), has something to do with the success of whole grain baking, whether it be corn or wheat. When using soy milk, I wonder if adding maybe 1 or 2 tablespoons of cider vinegar would help? I am not sure if soy milk "sours" in the same way as bovine, but the extra acidity of the vinegar should help.

Bob Waldrop, OKC

----- Original Message ----- From: "Lawrence F. London, Jr." <lflj@intrex.net>