permaculture - [permaculture] This must be a hoax | Finaly in print, The Book Of Bob (BOB)

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: "Lawrence F. London, Jr." <lflj@intrex.net>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [permaculture] This must be a hoax | Finaly in print, The Book Of Bob (BOB)
  • Date: Sat, 22 Dec 2007 03:22:02 -0500

Favorite book roundup
Posted by Mark Frauenfelder, December 21, 2007 3:53 PM | permalink
http://boingboing.net/

The Subgenius Psychlopaedia of Slack: The Bobliographon, edited by Rev. Ivan
Stang
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/1560259396/boingboing/

Peter Lamborn Wilson (aka Hakim Bey)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Peter_Lamborn_Wilson
once told me that the Church of the SubGenius was not a joke. I agree. It's the only religion I can take seriously. There are deep truths buried in the pages of this zine-like book of high-weirdness, false conspiracies, idiot synchronicities, and tales of the mystic supersalesman, J.R. "Bob" Dobbs. SubGenius ministers include: Pee-wee Herman, David Byrne, Mark Mothersbaugh, Penn Jillette, Robert Anton Wilson, Rudy Rucker, John Shirley, and me.