permaculture - Re: [permaculture] Crabgrass, Bermuda grass, etc.

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Dieter Brand <diebrand@yahoo.com>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] Crabgrass, Bermuda grass, etc.
  • Date: Mon, 18 Jun 2007 01:02:45 -0700 (PDT)

Golden,

This is a method of last resort. Soil without vegetation is dead
soil. How long did it take you to get rid of the crabgrass. I
reckon that I would have to cover my soil with black plastic
sheeting for at least 2 years to be sure that none of the rhizomes
remain in the soil. Anyway, this is not feasible for several
acres of fields.

Dieter Brand
Portugal

Golden Love <goldenlove@cruzio.com> wrote: I fried my Bermuda and Kikuyu
grass using black plastic tarps. None to be
found now.

Golden Love
Love's Gardens
Creating and Maintaining Sustainable Urban Landscapes
California Licensed Contractor C27 363672
127 National St.
Santa Cruz, CA 95060
Phone (831) 471-9100
Fax ( 831) 471-9200