permaculture - Re: [permaculture] Crabgrass, Bermuda grass, etc.

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: "roxann" <roxann@ancientearthwisdom.com>
  • To: "permaculture" <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] Crabgrass, Bermuda grass, etc.
  • Date: Mon, 18 Jun 2007 19:05:29 +0000

Lisa, when I lived in Louisiana, all we had was bermuda in the yard. The only
method I found for keeping it out of my beds was to dig trenches all the way
around each bed. Once it was gotten out by hand from the bed, it was easy to
keep it from returning because the plant would creep down into the trenches
and I could see it easier before it crossed over into the bed. i usually kept
the trenches mulched and that would make pulling it easy. definitely not low
maintenence, but it did work. i'd hate to have this problem in a large scale
area.

roxann, nw ar