permaculture - Re: [permaculture] Help and conversations for possibility AND action.

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: chauncey williams <chaunceyfree@yahoo.com>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] Help and conversations for possibility AND action.
  • Date: Sun, 21 Jan 2007 18:51:41 -0800 (PST)

To those of you I may have offended with my offer for the copy of software
programs, once again I would like to say that I am sorry. I have always
believed in sharing whatever I have to anyone who is looking. Sharing
software is a no-no, and I should have known better, but I want to see the
permaculture activist succeed and I wanted offer what I could.

We share this earth with each other don't we? Why do we have to privatize
everything in it? The only reason why we can not share such things such as
software is because of the way our society is structured, and I believe that
is an injustice. I am sure that if we truely lived in a free and open
society, artists and creators would be happy to share their work, just as I
would be happy to share the food that I grow with the animals that live
nearby or the hungry man down the street.

And I would like to reiterate the Myspace and Tribe.net idea. It may not
work for some, and you don't have to sign up for it, but I am trying to offer
an idea that will reach a different generation. Permaculture and the
Permaculture Activist needs to plant it's seeds amoungst the youth if it is
going to continue to survive, and those venues are efficient ways to reach
out. It is an idea for people to consider, it does not have to be
implemented, but it doesn't deserve to get bashed either.

Namaste