permaculture - Re: [permaculture] Software thoughts (Was: Help and conversations for possibility AND action)

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: "Lawrence F. London, Jr." <lfl@intrex.net>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] Software thoughts (Was: Help and conversations for possibility AND action)
  • Date: Sat, 20 Jan 2007 19:08:35 -0500

Keith Johnson wrote:
So, just to clarify, Drupal and Joomla are free AND will run on Linux?

jedd wrote:

On Saturday 20 January 2007 10:45 pm, Lawrence F. London, Jr. wrote:
] Which CMS's (Content Management System) do you recommend?

You mention Drupal - I like this one, and also Joomla (nee Mambo).

They run in Linux and its server side. You'd have to get your web hosting
service to install it for you
as they will not give you shell access. But if you got yourself an ibiblio
Linux account to run the noncommercial
part of the ACTIVIST you could install it yourself in your webspace there. I
would not attempt a Drupal install
myself as it requires skills I do not have at this time.
--
Lawrence F. London, Jr.
Venaura Farm