permaculture - Re: [permaculture] fermented foods

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: "Lawrence F. London, Jr." <lfl@intrex.net>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] fermented foods
  • Date: Tue, 09 Jan 2007 04:36:30 -0500

John Fritz wrote:

Rejuvelac does have beneficial nutrients but caution is advised as it is made from the
soak water of grains and thus contains concentrated phytic acid, on which one can
"o.d."
John Fritz.

Thanks for the heads up. Its also wheat which I am allergic to. The only other option is millet which is less biologically active. Then again you're not drinking the rejuvelac, just using enough as starter to make the seed cheese and by then it would have been transformed. I think seed cheese could be made from borsh too.

--
Lawrence F. London, Jr.
Venaura Farm