permaculture - Re: [permaculture] What Constitutes Good Permaculture Practice? - Locally Grown Ag Products

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: sustain_ability@123mail.org
  • To: "permaculture" <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] What Constitutes Good Permaculture Practice? - Locally Grown Ag Products
  • Date: Mon, 17 Apr 2006 08:26:29 -0400

A few ideas I would like to discuss with you:

- participating in a local CSA that utilizes a drop-off method of
delivering the goods (about three main addresses for city folk, who
come there to pick up their individual orders).

- dehydrating, canning, etc.

- selling/trading excess production to organic meat producers

- seed production

- medicinal, pharmaceutical organic plants

- woodlots for firewood, nut growing

- fruit orchards

Any feedback wlecome. I am looking at a big farm lot for sale about one
hours driving from the city.

George (Canada)