permaculture - Re: [permaculture] What Constitutes Good Permaculture Practice? - Locally Grown Ag Products

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: "E. E. Mitchamore Jr" <emitch@att.net>
  • To: "permaculture" <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] What Constitutes Good Permaculture Practice? - Locally Grown Ag Products
  • Date: Mon, 17 Apr 2006 06:04:44 -0500

A comment, not about good Permaculture practices, but about locally produced
Ag products. The problem I perceive is the same as with mass-produced
products: Transportation and Distribution. I cannot justify driving 20 miles
each way early Saturday morning for a bag of fresh vegetables, no matter how
good they are. In order for local produce to really work, it has to become
more accessible. In Austin there are good stores (Whole Foods started here),
and good Farmer's Markets, but they still require a long drive and/or use up
a precious Saturday. Aren't there any Marketing experts that are tired of
the Rat Race and willing to apply their expertise to this problem?

E. E. "Mitch" Mitchamore
www.hillcountrynatives.biz