permaculture - Re: [permaculture] Re: Permaculture on Pitcairn

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Rick Valley <bamboogrove@cmug.com>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] Re: Permaculture on Pitcairn
  • Date: Thu, 10 Jul 2003 15:29:22 -0700

I myself am curious about how such a loaded word as "colonialism" came to be
tossed into the discussion of Pitcairn since the island has one of the most
unique histories around.
It certainly is relevant to talk about viable minimum population and contact
with the rest of the world in the situation of Pitcairn, but I would have
preferred a bit of clarity about how "colonialism" applies.
Civility? The "narrow band width" of email cannot be under compensated for.
We all need to be very clear about understanding, and check our assumptions.
"Say mate, I think I hear you saying xxxxx- 'zat so?"

-Rick