permaculture - Re: [permaculture] Re: Permaculture on Pitcairn

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: "John Schinnerer" <john@eco-living.net>
  • To: "permaculture" <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] Re: Permaculture on Pitcairn
  • Date: Mon, 7 Jul 2003 18:14:19 -0700 (PDT)

Aloha,

Small populations would be an issue of genetic viability, not 'social'
(whatver that means). They can likely introduce some new genetic material
into the mix if they want to.

>> How about another alternative (there's always an infinite number) - the
>> colonial powers make full and just reparations for the damage they've
>> done, which may include ongoing support for the locals to rebuild
>> regenerative and sustainable systems for self-sufficiency (like some of
>> them had for thousands of years until we showed up).
>
> Aaaand back out here in reality....

For whom, when?

Or is "reality" just your excuse for copping out of taking action, if you
actually do...

> I agree entirely 100%

...??

> but it is not going to happen.

Luckily your support or lack thereof is unlikely to be the determining
factor.

John Schinnerer, MA
- Eco-Living -
Cultural & Ecological Designing