permaculture - Re: [permaculture] Re: Permaculture on Pitcairn

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: dwayne <dwayne@pobox.com>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] Re: Permaculture on Pitcairn
  • Date: Thu, 10 Jul 2003 22:11:16 +1000

Russ Grayson wrote:

> It could be said that, as far as permaculture is
> concerned, the lack of civility reflects the declining
> influence of the design system's second ethic, as others
> on this list have pointed out.

Yes, and as a subtle reminder I have this in my sigfile:

"it's nice to be better, but it's much better to be nice"

We have the internet. We have libraries. No one is so important to me,
and possessed of such earth-shatteringly important knowledge, that I
need to put up with their being rude. If they can't be civil, I'm not
interested in their message.

Now, sometimes I'm rude, and I get yelled at, and I pull my head in. But
I do try to make the effort. It's called being "civilised".

Dwayne
--
mailto:ddraig@pobox.com
it's nice to be better, but it's much better to be nice