permaculture - Re: [permaculture] Whilst on the subject of ponds

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: robert waldrop <rmwj@soonernet.com>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] Whilst on the subject of ponds
  • Date: Tue, 10 Jun 2003 15:05:11 -0500

I don't know how much leadtime you have, but what about doing something
with the "PC Apartment" theme that's been a recent thread. Start a
bunch of plants in pots, including some flowers, vines, lots of herbs,
include a worm bin, the thread would have more ideas. Maybe try to
think of ways to use potted plants to illustrate some basic permaculture
principles. And for "obtain a yield", you could display jars of
homemade preserves, pickles, bottled peppers, strings of garlic and
onions, bunches of lambs quarters, etc. (you could educate people about
the food value of "weeds".)

Robert Waldrop ,OKC