permaculture - [permaculture] presenting permaculture

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: "John Schinnerer" <john@eco-living.net>
  • To: "permaculture" <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [permaculture] presenting permaculture
  • Date: Wed, 11 Jun 2003 11:16:44 -0700 (PDT)

Aloha,

> Hauling lots of plants in is a hassle- and they get all beat up-
> but---------------- there's some promise there in that theme. Any more
> brainstorming ideas on how to present such a theme?

In general, I like Russ' reminder to take it beyond gardening and plants.
Don't have any specific suggestions at the moment but if I get any
brainstorms I'll post...bamboo for your shade tarp frame? Living woven
willow chairs to sit in? ;-)

Mike Lockman used to do booths in Seattle area, at the Tilth fair etc. -
he would bring binder-portfolios with lots and lots of pictures of various
PC stuff, from rooftop gardens in the city to courses at Bullocks' place
to natural building projects and so on. He would have some printed matter
too, but people really liked looking through the pictures. They'd be a
couple deep around the binders while the textual offerings languished to
one side...pictures be good...

John Schinnerer, MA
- Eco-Living -
Cultural & Ecological Designing