permaculture - Re: [permaculture] presenting permaculture

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Rick Valley <bamboogrove@cmug.com>
  • To: "john@eco-living.net, permaculture" <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] presenting permaculture
  • Date: Thu, 12 Jun 2003 02:14:31 -0700

> From: "John Schinnerer" <john@eco-living.net>

...bamboo for your shade tarp frame? Living woven
> willow chairs to sit in? ;-)

well, we do generally have some bamboo as part of the canopy support. And
there's a fine hops trellis that makes one wall- Jude Hobbs got that planted
before the no non-natives policy got brutal. Energy Park, where we are, is
full of solar panels and human-powered vehicles and such. No, this is not a
rows-of-rectangular booths situation; it all happens in a seasonal wetland
wildlife sanctuary, riparian forest (parking in a floodplain hayfield) and
it's a MASSIVE sensory overload environment and our little corner is shady
and low-intensity. Pictures have not been especially effective for us;
perhaps because they are too static for people who've just been dancing
naked with dragons or whatever.
But this brainstorm is helping me, thank you all...

-Rick