permaculture - Re: [permaculture] Whilst on the subject of ponds

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: "HS" <wal@pc.jaring.my>
  • To: "permaculture" <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] Whilst on the subject of ponds
  • Date: Mon, 9 Jun 2003 14:15:55 +0800

You don't need a pump if you achieve a balance between plants and fish.
Stocking can be increased with air breathers. Examples, fighting fish and
gouramis. Guppies are excellent larvae killers and are hardy. Stick to
local fishes if possible, so that you don't accidentally introduce foreign
species into the ecosystem.

Regards

HS