permaculture - Re: [permaculture] planting bamboo over septic field

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: "Kirby Fry" <peace@totalaccess.net>
  • To: "permaculture" <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] planting bamboo over septic field
  • Date: Sat, 15 Feb 2003 07:50:40 -0600

Hey Rick,

I agree that bamboo is valuable enough to let spread, if indeed it can even
do so without sufficient water. I recommend containerizing them simply as a
way fo folks to take their first steps with bamboo.

When we installed our gardens last year the owner didn't want any bamboo
within range of the irrigation system so we planted it in a major drainage
and seven out of eight plants didn't make it. It was a real loss at $33 per
plant.

Kirby Fry

For the real scoop on environmental and social justice issues check out the
archives of Democracy Now!
http://www.webactive.com/webactive/pacifica/demnow/archive.html