permaculture - Re: [permaculture] planting bamboo over septic field

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: "Kirby Fry" <peace@totalaccess.net>
  • To: "permaculture" <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] planting bamboo over septic field
  • Date: Sat, 15 Feb 2003 07:44:20 -0600

Hi Steve,

Most nurseries that sell bamboo also sell containers to grow them in under
ground. I haven't seen these containers but apparently they vary in size
and will help keep a running bamboo in check.

If however the bamboo gets out of hand and is indeed palatable to cattle,
well the cows would then seem to be a pretty good control mechanism. I know
that in Texas our great cane forest along the Brazos river was decimated by
cattle.

Good luck,

Kirby Fry

For the real scoop on environmental and social justice issues check out the
archives of Democracy Now!
http://www.webactive.com/webactive/pacifica/demnow/archive.html