permaculture - Re: [permaculture] planting bamboo over septic field

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Rick Valley <bamboogrove@cmug.com>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] planting bamboo over septic field
  • Date: Wed, 19 Feb 2003 09:43:30 -0700

> How about just a preview!
Well, I am working at forcing myself back into writing. And the book is in
process of publication, (although in a dormant phase) And I'm not keeping up
with correspondence as is.
Anyway, for the Phyllostachys, the best time to divide and transplant is as
growth begins in the spring. Look at the leaves & leay buds, when the shoots
are coming up, it's too late. And you need to be gentle, in a surgically
efficient way. Mangling roots and pulling rhizome, wrenching on culms, is
all damaging and wasteful.
-Rick