permaculture - Re: [permaculture] Re:The American view of the world

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: "John Schinnerer" <john@eco-living.net>
  • To: <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] Re:The American view of the world
  • Date: Fri, 13 Dec 2002 01:20:42 -0800 (PST)

Aloha,

> The other great hurdle I see is that most folks can't get along well
> enough or agree on what they want enough to get themselves out of the
> system.

No surprise...

We've been well trained for multiple generations to choose that course -
to compete, to disagree, to see either/or and black/white and (choose your
favorite dichotomy) as "the way things are." We've mostly not been taught
basic skills for positive human being and relating - certainly not in any
of our compulsory education and seldom anywhere else either.

It is possible to change that. IMO that's one of the most essential
places to start - 'culture', which is part of 'permaculture'...

John Schinnerer, MA
- Eco-Living -
Cultural & Ecological Designing
People - Place - Learning - Integration