permaculture - Re: [permaculture] Agenda Shaping: The Society for Ecological Restoration

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: "Treesa Jane Rogerson" <treemail@cruzio.com>
  • To: <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] Agenda Shaping: The Society for Ecological Restoration
  • Date: Mon, 7 Oct 2002 12:13:17 -0700

Kirby:

Toby Hemenway's Gaia's Garden pp.10-13 echoes exactly your points about what
native really is...

The speakers you mentioned are quite busy, but I will forward this message
to quite the speaker who would do well with this subject.

Are you familiar with the Arid Lands Newsletter?

I just read Marsha Hanzi's paper on Polycultures in the drylands of Brazil.
It is Aridlands newlsetter #48, and older one

Where, recently enough, the banks required a turn to monoculture and
commercially produced fertilizers from traditional Brazilian ways, NOW the
bank is considering requiring polyculture planting before financing is given
to farmers.

Turn of tides based on success of the experiment.

A perfect example of well-demonstrated Pc technique that speaks a little
different language than 'restoration,' but not really if you get semantic
about it and call growing healthy food a restoration of health and
abundance. Which is all just about everyone--round upper or not,
grasslander or forester-- is after if you think about it.

Anyway, the e-newsletter can be subscribed to at the following link.

majordomo@ag.arizona.edu

leave subject line blank. In body put ONLY:

subscribe aridlands-nl

Then you can get the editor at kwaser@ag.arizona.edu for the backissue, or
do a google search-- put in polycultures, with an 's'.

'Treesa' Rogerson, M.A.

Lands Alive : Ecology By Design

treemail@yahoo.com