permaculture - Re: [permaculture] Re: Localized Plant DB

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: FranksFarm@aol.com
  • To: permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] Re: Localized Plant DB
  • Date: Wed, 11 Sep 2002 07:47:06 EDT

In a message dated 9/11/02 12:37:31 AM, ScottH@wcig.org.au writes:
Good day:)

Wow...what a fantastic idea, and vision. Just the thing to help us advance
and utilize such knowledge! I'd love to be able to just type in my
location,objective,local climate info,plant type etc. and then generate a
list linked to detailed web pages with pictures,growing advice etc.etc.

Certainly hope some of our mavens take you up on this:) Just my 2 cents.
Frank
<< How 'bout a system that does take these into account and pretty much
ignores zones (except real permie ones). It seems to me that it would be
fairly simple to set-up a cross-referencing system like the plants for a
future database, but with the necessary parameters set by rigorous debate
amongst ourselves; once established, it would be very simple to add to it
Wikki-style. You would then just need to know the parameters of where you
want to plant and what jobs the plant must perform: enter these details and
generate a list of suitable plants. I realise there are already a few of
these databases ar! >>