permaculture - Re: [permaculture] "thirsty " trees..../Factoids

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: FranksFarm@aol.com
  • To: permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] "thirsty " trees..../Factoids
  • Date: Wed, 11 Sep 2002 08:28:13 EDT

Good day,
In a message dated 9/11/02 5:29:57 AM, peace@totalaccess.net writes:

<< When other ranchers heard about this practice (don't know if I could

actually call it a study) of clearing trees and increasing spring flow,

quite often they used it as justification to clear trees >>

Good example of how "factoids" get started. I'm often amazed at just how many
"facts??" are based upon so little real evidence/scientific research! After a
while they just seem to become a part of the "accepted" wisdom. Press and
media then pick up on it, and help validate it.

Jerry Baker has made a good living coming up with unconventional gardening
methods that may or may not work:)

Tough subject! Frank