permaculture - RE: [permaculture] Re: Localized Plant DB

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: "Scott Hitchins" <ScottH@wcig.org.au>
  • To: <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: RE: [permaculture] Re: Localized Plant DB
  • Date: Thu, 12 Sep 2002 09:22:34 +1000

The problem with using (non-permie) zones as a starting-point was brought
home to me when I was looking into growing avocados: I've yet to seem them
'zoned' as being growable in Melbourne, Australia. -and certainly, I have
been unsuccessful in growing them in my yard. However this is because the
only spot I have available is too heavily shaded.......by the neighbours'
heavily-laden avocado trees!

Regards,
Scott Hitchins