permaculture - Re: [permaculture] Guerrilla gardens

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: "Kirby Fry" <peace@totalaccess.net>
  • To: <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] Guerrilla gardens
  • Date: Fri, 6 Sep 2002 06:13:05 -0500

Japanese knotweed, eh?

There's one I haven't heard of before and it sounds formidable.

I'd be curious to know how and why it is detrimental to ecosystems. Does it
take over and sterilize a system? Does it cause erosion of species
diversity?

I've heard that to break up sidewalks all you need is a cordless hammer
drill and some carob seeds. Drill a hole in the sidewalk, or black top,
just a little wider than the seed and place the carob seed in the hole. The
seeds will expand and begin fracturing the sidewalk.

Kirby