permaculture - [permaculture] Busting Up Sidewalks / Invasive Plants

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: "Kirby Fry" <peace@totalaccess.net>
  • To: <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [permaculture] Busting Up Sidewalks / Invasive Plants
  • Date: Sun, 8 Sep 2002 07:21:44 -0500

Miekal,

>> I once bought 3 carob seeds for $5, sounds like an expensive proposition
to me. <<

Yeow! $5 for three seeds? I guess there weren't any carob trees around.
Just where do you live, Miekal?

>> Makes a great browse for goats & sheep [Japanese knotweed] though we did
have a problem at one time with our goats over-eating from it & getting
bloat. <<

How long have you been running goats? About how many do you run? Do you
milk them or eat them?

Just out of curiosity do you think if you shredded the knotweed then put
goats back on it that they could keep it in check without bloating?

Re: black berries. I've heard pigs are about the only thing that will
seriously knock it back and that it requires about 14 years to do so!

Kirby