permaculture - Re: [permaculture] alt.permaculture

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Ute Bohnsack <sustag@eircom.net>
  • To: permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] alt.permaculture
  • Date: Tue, 22 Jan 2002 00:11:48 +0000

"Lawrence F. London, Jr." wrote:
>[snip] There is one way to
> do this
> that I could look into but consensus in this list would have to be
> overwhelmingly in favor of
> making this happen. There are privacy issues for those who post here who
> might not want their
> articles going out into such a public cyberspace, not to mention the
> fact that
> those articles would end up being archived on Google (Deja News) and
> other news archive sites.
> Also, those in the ng might not want to read all our discussions just as
> we might not
> want to read theirs. There are certain contentious personalities in the
> ng who would
> likely cause constant problems, partially because some of their flame
> wars in other ng's
> end up crossposted to alt.permaculture. In short, it's a bad idea from
> the start. Better to just
> use alt.permaculture by itself to best advantage.
[snip]

I fully agree with Lawrence on this. These are two different media and people
make their choices as to which one(s) they wish to use. However, there's no
harm
in making readers of alt.pc aware of the mailing lists and vice versa at
regular
intervals or forwarding occassional particularly pertinent posts from one to
the
other *with permission from the original author*.
Apart from the problems already discussed, as a subcriber/reader of both it
would drive me around the bend if I had to wade through the same posts on both
the list and the newsgroup.

My 2 Euro worth.

Ute