permaculture - Re: [permaculture] alt.permaculture

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: "Lawrence F. London, Jr." <lflondon@mindspring.com>
  • To: permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] alt.permaculture
  • Date: Tue, 22 Jan 2002 19:46:06 -0500

Christer Ellingsen wrote:

> At 20:06 21.01.02, you wrote:
> >keller wrote:
> > >
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > I noticed that the alt.permaculture newsgroup suffers from a scarcity of
> > > interesting posts and discussions, compared to this mailing list.
> > >
> > > The reason seems to be that whenever people with interesting
> > > contributions
> > > turn up on alt.permaculture, they are invited into this mailing list,
> > > where
> > > the interesting discussions are going on. As a result, alt.permaculture
> > > is
> > > depleted.
> > >
> > > On the other hand, I guess that a newsgroup like alt.permaculture is
> > > more
> > > widespread and would be more easily available to many people than this
> > > mailing list. It seems to me that the discussions going on here are of
> > > general interest.
> >
> >The thing to do is to get involved in interesting permaculture
> >discussion directly
> >in that newsgroup and encourage others to do likewise, and keep those
> >discussions on-topic.
> >

> what is this Lawrence are you killing alt.permaculture after all the work
> we had to HAMMER down to get it up and about?????
>
> Just kidding, keep up the good work

Hello Christer!

Killing alt.permaculture would be as difficult a task as that the crew
of the Nostromo had getting rid of Alien;
they had to blow it into outer space to get rid of it; not necessary for
alt.pc, its already "out there". :-)

Hey, there's some great thread ongoing there now - permaculture
software; thanks to sigificant input from
Ute Bohnsack, co-steward of the ng.

Hope you, your wife and your young child are doing well and you are
still woodcarving.
You may be interested to know that I am getting deeply involved with
traditional Japanese joinery using traditional, hand-crafted Japanese
tools.

Cheers,

Lawrence