permaculture - Re: creating online plant database

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: mIEKAL aND <dtv@mwt.net>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: creating online plant database
  • Date: Wed, 07 Nov 2001 19:53:10 -0600

While Im very excited about SETTING UP the database, I should make it clear
that I
personally do not have the time or inclination to enter anything other than
data
collected here at Dreamtime, all relevant to zones 3-4-5.. at some point we
may be
able to free up an intern to help enter things such as what claude just
mentioned,
but I think the idea here is that people have to be responsible for getting
their own
data entered. that part is quite easy, from an exisiting database, its all
cut &
paste, anyone with beginning computer skills can do it. HOWEVER, in my
opinion is is
VERY TEDIOUS & monotonous.... where's the grant money when you need it?

At the point when the database is up & going, anyone hear could volunteer to
enter
some or all of the data on the cdrom which Claude mentions, in an ideal world
anyway.

mIEKAL