permaculture - Re: creating online plant database

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Loren Davidson <lorenstwin@yahoo.com>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: creating online plant database
  • Date: Thu, 8 Nov 2001 12:47:09 -0800 (PST)

--- keller <ak.and.ak@on-line.de> wrote:
> Before anybody starts hacking, I think a proper data model should be
> made
> for the database. There is definitely more than one table here. I
> don't have
> the time to do this, but if some other people do and sugest
> something, I can
> participate in the discussion. Does anybody have some experience in
> data
> modelling and teh time to do it too. To get the data model right
> saves a lot
> of trouble later.

I don't have time to do it all myself (thought about trying something
similar once) but would be happy to help. I spent about five years
doing database programming, including some data modeling.

Loren

=====
Loren Davidson Permaculturist, poet, rapturist, writer
loren@farwalker.com | http://www.earthspring.org/loren/
"The spirits are using me/larger voices callin'." - Stills/Curtis/Curtis,
"Southern Cross"