permaculture - Re: creating online plant database

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: mIEKAL aND <dtv@mwt.net>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: creating online plant database
  • Date: Mon, 05 Nov 2001 11:13:42 -0600

thanks for all the answers, it seems like there is unanamity on a few things
like
water requirements. it has given me much to think about. originally I was
thinking
the simpler & the fewer categories the better in order to make it usable &
accessible. Im thinking now that I could design the page so first order info
is at
the top & as you scroll down there are more & more details.

the one category that I havent heard mentioned so far is phenological data,
which I
find very useful, but I wonder if others find useful.... this would be good
observation excercises for interns also, so observe our plants over the
course of the
summer, & then hopefully after a couple years be able to compare the dates
for first
buds, first flowers & ripe fruits. But I wonder if someone from another part
of the
country would find these details useful.

mIEKAL