pcplantdb - Re: [pcplantdb] Agreement, consensus

pcplantdb@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: pcplantdb

  • From: "Lawrence F. London, Jr." <lfl@intrex.net>
  • To: pcplantdb@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [pcplantdb] Agreement, consensus
  • Date: Sat, 28 Aug 2004 02:11:55 -0700

I am tired of two people holding things up. I WILL
BLOCK any decision to start on arashi and do god knows what later.

I suggest that Shinnerer and Archer get with the program and help out with
work on ibiblio
or get the hell out of our way. The rest of us have a lot at stake and have
_already_ contributed
significantly to this project: Richard Morris, PFAF, Chad, Eden and more,
Scott, PI, PC, association with Molloison and much much more, me,
lists, websites and archives (since 1988), Stephanie a lot of preparation,
our current grant, management of this project for its duration.
All of these folks have even more to contribute through permaculture.info
well into the future. We have a lot at stake. We need to get
started. We need more funding. Zope is not critical to making this happen,
forget it for now and buy a Zope machine for ibiblio someday
and convert everything to it if you have to (hopefully not).

Let's get started on ibiblio now. Let Chad and Rich begin work there. Let the
rest of us, also champing at the bit get on with
researching the data we will need to acquire for the DB and especially let us
find others in the global PC community, especially those in
our lists, who will want to work with us on the development and even the
design of our database.

Can we get together as a team now and get the show on the road? Those who
don't want to be part of this effort can step aside and watch our
dust.